We use analytics and cookies to understand site traffic. Information about your use of our site is shared with Google for that purpose. Learn more.
Who is this user guide for?
This user guide is for project teams who have deployed their applications onto Statistics Canada cloud native platform for government and/or want to migrate, deploy and manage govcloud applications on top of. The platform itself will manage the infrastructure and provide common tooling for teams to deploy and manage their applications.
Modern service delivery for Canadians
The cloud native platform for government is built on top of open source Kubernetes primarily leveraging projects from the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF). Built from experience running as close as possible to open source Kubernetes while codifying the best practices shared by successful real-world implementations. This can be seen as a reference architecture where we strive to solve the difficult parts of deploying and managing cloud native services for government.
- Each component solves a specific problem related to a specific use case.
- Pluggable components let you bring your own logging and monitoring, networking, and service mesh.
- Tested and used against common tools and frameworks such as Drupal, NodeJS, Spring, and many more.
- Stand up a scalable, secure, and distributed service in seconds.
- Ability to run anywhere Kubernetes runs, without worry about vendor lock-in.
- Focus on straightforward developer experience, supporting common reusable patterns.
Provide Terraform templates as infrastructure as code to deploy a managed Kubernetes Service and its dependent resources across cloud providers.
The dependent resources often include the following:
- Kubernetes service
- Resource groups
- Storage accounts
- Container registry
- Private Endpoint
- Log Analytics
- Service principals
- Secret storage
Provide Terraform templates as infrastructure as code to deploy platform tooling on top of a Kubernetes cluster to facilitate a better dev experience.
- Consistent and customizable onboarding experience for project teams
- Role-Based Access Control configuration (global / per-namespace)
Platform tooling includes the following (optional) integrations: